Pages

Saturday, 5 August 2017

Camping

The littles and their folks are camping in our back yard.  They wanted to get a real camping spot but they had all been prebooked for the August Civic Holiday long weekend.  Thus...our back yard.  Yesterday and part of today it was cold, windy and raining and we were under a severe weather watch.  They insist they are having 'fun'.  There is hydro and water in the back yard as well as weeds and mosquitoes, the occasional skunk at night, bunnies and chipmunks and lots of birds that are early risers.  Still, they insist they are having 'fun'.  They can't cook outside so they are cooking in grandma's kitchen and washing their dishes in the dishwasher, playing games on grandma's computer, heating things in the microwave, watching tv and asking three million questions a minute.  Yes, they insist they are having 'fun'.   I am sweeping and wiping and tidying and serving and finding and........ I am NOT having fun.  Okay, I lie, I AM having fun.  Just don't tell anyone okay.

11 comments:

  1. Of COURSE you are having fun. Which anyone who knows you realises. But I won't tell anyone. And equally of course, when the fun is over )and possibly before) you will be exhausted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they found the best camping spot EVER! TV, dishwasher, microwave, all things one doesn't normally find in a tent while camping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We certainly never had any of those amenities when WE camped.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like the best camping trip ever, and even for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hot and cold running water, fresh towels.I think it's more like 'glamping'.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you are all having a blast. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And when they 'blast' off out of here on Monday I have a feeling I'm going to be relieved (just a wee bit you know).

      Delete
  5. I know the feeling - it's wonderful to be included, even as a support person (I think that's what it's called), but it's exhausting!! Have fun while they're there, and then recover when they're not there :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to know someone else is out there. Please leave me a comment...pretty please.