Pages

Thursday, 27 July 2017

Using Wednesdays Words

This weeks word prompt is:
dominant, carpet, magazine, duster, finicky, display
and/or
carbine, boots, tactical, determination, filthy and disgusing
or you can use the expression
maniacal megalomaniac


Let's take a shot at it, shall we?

I do admire my sons determination to complete his basic training.  I know he absolutely hates boots, (I mean who doesn't right?) says they don't 'go' with anything.  Yet, he stands tall and proud, shoulders his carbine, and takes part in the tactical manoeuvres even though it's a filthy and disgusting muddy mess he has to scramble through.  He's my brave little soldier.  Here at home he was always so finicky about the house; plying his duster every day, tidying his display of crystal figurines, straightening the magazine rack, vacuuming the carpet in his room.  I don't know how he is standing the dreadful conditions he finds himself in.
Greg wiped a perspiring brow and grinned at his drill Sargent.  That maniacal megalomaniac of a domineering mother of his made sarge look like the tooth fairy in comparison.  He was enjoying every moment of being a 'regular guy' getting dirty and sweaty, flopping on his bunk with his boots on...it was wonderful.  Ma may not realise it but her little boy was planning on being a career soldier.  Already he was marked as officer material.  He could hardly wait to be 'large and in charge'.  He'd had plenty of 'basic training' in that.

16 comments:

  1. Yay for Greg standing on his own two feet at last. And his mother has no idea she is what he is getting away from. That's the most tactical move of all. Great story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this. Ma won't know what hit her when she hears her little boy's news.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gripping story which ended too soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you know my grandson? Sounds just like him. Great job with your words. Thanks for the July prompts:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks folks, this one just wrote itself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean to say it wasn't you?

      Delete
    2. lol...well, I held the pen ... so .... I guess

      Delete
  6. Nice job Delores, the prompts flowed very well in this tale, well done my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Delores,

    Amazing stuff and to think it wrote itself! :)

    GarEYE. Um, Gary...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crazy eh? But that's me for you...one crazy old bat. How's that eye coming along?

      Delete
  8. Just wonderful, Delores...descriptive, indeed...it really paints the picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Talk about a surprise... way to go! In the beginning, you had me thinking about how I felt when our procrastinating allergic-to-early- mornings-and-hard-work son was in the military. (It did him a WORLD of good... but I was still very grateful when he was discharged.) THEN, you had me wonder if the boy in your story were gay and how that would play out for him. Then... POW!... you hit me with his truth. He was the way he was because of his overbearing overprotective mother! Brilliant. Ya done good, girl.

    Have a super weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hah!! Fiendishly wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Everyone here is my offering for this week

    ผลบอล

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to know someone else is out there. Please leave me a comment...pretty please.