Pages

Monday, 26 June 2017

Poetry Monday

Poetry Monday was started by Diane of On The Alberta Montana Border.  You can find her in my sidebar.  Diane thought Mondays needed jazzing up and she was right.  We’d love it you would join in and read, write, critique, offer your thoughts….poetry, you know, does NOT have to rhyme or have a rhythem….it just has to express how you feel.
The cold, cruel light
of day
leaves no blemish
unexposed.
No heinous crime,
no lack of human feeling
escapes the spotlight.
Night and sleep
are welcome relief
from the insanity
that is the world
today.
Like a blanket
we draw the darkness
around us
and close our eyes
to the horrors
of the day.
There is a solace
in the silence
of the night;
a peace
in the velvet dark
that soothes our souls.
Oh we know,
we will have to wake up
and face the day

but for now……


Okay, your turn.

7 comments:

  1. this is beautiful, I'm going to read it again and again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. River is right. This is indeed beautiful. I often depend on the blanket of the night...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a lovely poem. I too love the blanket of darkness for rest and recuperation, but only as a link to another bright and beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And suddenly I feel so peaceful. Ahhhh . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is actually why I like to stay up late at night - the calmness and darkness soothes my soul. I tend to sleep late, and that takes care of part of the day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! Sleep can be a blessed relief to so many.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful ...
    I enjoyed every word.

    My good wishes for the week ahead - the last week of June!!! Where do the days go?

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to know someone else is out there. Please leave me a comment...pretty please.