Pages

Tuesday, 2 May 2017

Using Wednesday's Words

Wednesdays Words is a weekly writing prompt designed to jump start your creative juices.  This week the words are provided by Elephants Child (you can find her in my side bar).  Why not join in with us....create something or read some of the entries.  It's free it's fun..really...what could go wrong?
This weeks words are:
watch, limit, rush, luminous, dashing, quack
and/or
print, cactus, creep, shake, haircut, shadow


Here we go:

"Can you print me twelve copies of this photo John?  The composition of the luminous moon rising over the cactus in the desert is just enchanting.  I'm in a big rush for them.  Phil has been dashing around like a 'chicken with it's head cut off' the little creep.  I'd like to give him a good shake.  He keeps looking at his watch and giving me the hairy eyeball.  He's working me to a shadow.  Say, is there a limit on how many times a week we can have a rush order?"
"Margaret, if you don't sit still this haircut is going to be perfectly awful..all lopsided like a duck with a short leg.  I can't run the copier and give you a new 'do' if you don't stop squirming.  OMG, I've just poured Sexy Kitten Red hair dye into the toner cylinder.  I wonder what that's going to do to your photos?"


For the life of me I couldn' work 'quack' into the narrative.  I had to make do with a lopsided duck instead.

7 comments:

  1. Sexy kitten red hair dye in the printer? Hmmm, photos of a luminous blood moon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big smiles. And it is a given that the lop-sided duck is quacking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lopsided duck works for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure a lopsided duck with one shortened leg does a LOT of quacking. His poor belly probably rubs the ground. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is exactly the kind of thing that happens when I try to do two things at once!! Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed it ...
    Thanks

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to know someone else is out there. Please leave me a comment...pretty please.