Pages

Wednesday, 9 August 2017

Using Wednesdays Words

Words for Wednesday is a weekly writing prompt designed to get those creative juices flowing.  This week the words are brought to us by River of Drifting Through Life (you can find her in my sidebar).  Use the words to inspire you...
dynamic, longer, woods, mobile, landed, cellar
and/or
alerted, flying, demeanor, lights, smoothly and filled

here we go:

Grace didn't move smoothly anymore but she reminded herself daily at least she was still mobile.  This current predicament however, filled her with anxiety.
It had seemed like a great idea to explore the old Deveroux house in the woods.  Equipped with flashlight and camera she was in a grand mood.  One minute she was upright and the next, after a flying trip down the  cellar stairs, she landed headfirst on the old concrete floor.
There had been nothing to alert her to the fact that her  faithful Dynamic flashlight was going to fail.  It simply cut out midstep.  One misstep was all it took.
It's going to be a longer trip than usual to get back up those stairs she mused.  Her head pained her terribly as she tried to pull herself to her feet.  Her usual cocky demeanor failed her as she realized more than her head was paining her.  The effort to raise her head left her dizzy and gasping and then....blackness.

7 comments:

  1. Another winner Delores, you are a gifted writer in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too kind Jimmy, but I do find joy in trying.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. You are both much too kind but I appreciate the encouraging words.

      Delete
  3. I looked at the words for Wednesday and I thought they were a tricky combination ... then I read your story.
    Well done

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job, lady!

    Poor Grace. Since I'm a fan of happy endings, I'm telling myself she was wearing one of those Life Alert bracelets, so when she regains consciousness (in just a minute or two...) she can tell the folks, "I've fallen, and I can't get up!" and they'll come storming into the woods to rescue her.

    Have a super weekend. (No trekking into the deep woods by yourself!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, you have a talent to make good paragraphs with words. You did leave a mystery though. Hopefully next wednesday's words will give us some clues as to what happens and why she was blank.

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to know someone else is out there. Please leave me a comment...pretty please.