Pages

Thursday, 6 July 2017

Using Wednesdays Words

This weeks word prompt is:
crashing, valve, spotlight, postage, resonate and spastic
and/or
branded, organic, bargain, desperate, amplify and blase
or
lavender lies

Here goes:

"You seem so blase about the way this store has amplified the prices on the branded organic produce.  I'd have to be desperate before I paid such a price."
"Well," Ann responded, "When you consider the health benefits they're a bargain at any price."
"Oh, come on."  Jill groaned.  "You can't be serious.  Look at these turnips they've turned their high voltage spotlight on.  They are the size of a postage stamp.  There is no way this can resonate with you as a 'good deal'.  You'd need a bushel of them to make one meal and look at the blight on some of these."
Ann was fast losing patience with her friend.  Just then the valve on the produce sprayer came loose and the whole pipe assembly crashed down spraying Jill with cold water and putting an end to her spastic  tirade as she spluttered and gasped from the shock.
Ann smiled sweetly and continued her shopping in peace and quiet.  Avenged by the vegetables.

I didn't fare so well with 'lavender lies'

In that day
of citrus skies
he told me his stories
and lavender lies.

15 comments:

  1. Avenged by vegetables is a wonderful line. As a vegetarian I suspect they would rather attack me.
    And I did enjoy your poem. I am wondering just where lavender lies fall in the scheme of things? Between white and black - or on a tangent of their own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lavender lies are soothing..they lull you into a false sense of security.

      Delete
  2. This is very good Delores, Revenge of the Vegetables. I don't know how to fit in Lavender Lies either. I'm drawing a total blank there. But I have worked up a further chapter to Lost and Found using most of the other words. It doesn't flow on from the previous chapter, I need to work on a bridging chapter, but it's scheduled for Friday our time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone march on over to Driftng Through Life and read Rivers story.......it\s a nail biter.

      Delete
  3. I love the havoc the veggies created. Great tale!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find it scrambles my brain and rattles my soul if I try to do it. How does Madonna manage to write so many great songs? It's amazing. I bet she has her own method of doing it. I struggle to write as it is. Writing is not my best subject. Far from it. Reading what other people have written gives me more pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WE are always happy when someone reads our attempts......and who knows...maybe one day those prompts will fire you up and you won't be able to help yourself...you will just have to write. In the meantime.....thank for you for playing along on the reading end of things.

      Delete
  5. And unde those skies
    I closed my eyes
    and believed it was truth.
    Oh, those lavender lies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha, ha, ha! Loved what you did with the words and even the little rhyme at the end. Your prompts were challenging for all of us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lavender lies, lavender lies/Life ain't easy, life sometimes lies/Or is it that something alive goes and dies?/Whatever, we can turn the end result into mice/I know I'm not making sense/I've been inhaling too much incense/Let's behind the pretense/And get on with the present tense. :-)

    Greetings from London.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There you go...great job. Thanks for joining in. Um.....the rest of us want to know what brand of incese you're using.

      Delete
  8. OK Delores you made that look easy again, well done my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well...I'm glad it LOOKS easy lol. Now....your turn.

      Delete

It's lovely to know someone else is out there. Please leave me a comment...pretty please.