Pages

Monday, 24 July 2017

Poetry Monday

Poetry Monday is brought to us by Diane of On The Alberta/Montana Border (you can find her in my sidebar).  Diane decided Mondays needed jazzing up and she was right.  Why not join us.  You can write, read, critique or share your thoughts.  Poetry doesn’t have to be serious or even rhyme…it’s just a great way to share your thoughts and feelings and it’s fun.  This week Diane gave us a topic “vacation” which you can use or not….I decided to use it.

Owl Goes On Vacation

“Where is Owl?”,
asked the mouse
as he cowered
in his tiny house.

I don’t see him
flying by
against the moon
so pale and high.

I can’t hear
his mournful “Whoooo?”
and so I don’t know
what to do.

Is it safe
or is it not
to go out doors
and leave this spot?

“Oh do come out
Dear mousie, do.”
the fox beguiled
as foxes do.

The mouse peeked out
to see the fox
a dinner bib
tucked under his snout.

“Oh me, Oh my,
I dasn’t try.
I’ll stay inside
and wait him out.”

But what of Owl,
that missing fowl?
He’s lying on
a big beach towel.

He's at the beach,
toes in the sand,
a margeurita
in his hand (er..feathers).

8 comments:

  1. I hope that poor Mousie gets a safe vacation too. Somewhere well away from Mr Tod and the wol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No doubt owl was listening to the music of Jimmy Buffett while he was sipping on his margaritas! Love it! (And margaritas, and Jimmy Buffett)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how I loved this! "dinner bib tucked under his snout" in particular, but really, the whole dang thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahahaha! Brilliant!
    Fox drew the short straw...er...shift . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes. The imagination is very fertile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! Bravo Delores. Mousie was smart to avoid the fox. And the Owl had to be better off with a margarita.

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to know someone else is out there. Please leave me a comment...pretty please.