Pages

Wednesday, 14 June 2017

Using Wednesday's Words

This weeks word prompt can be found at Elephant's Child.  You can find her in my sidebar.  Instead of a list of words this week we have two phrases:
"hold on to your hat"
and/or
"a penny for your thoughts".

Here we go:

When I started out today
the wind had not come out to play,
but,
by the time that I came back
the wind was strong and at my back.
A kind policeman 
told me that
I must hold on
to my hat.
He said, "It's a windy day
and sometimes wind
just likes to play."
And so, I held on
to my hat
and shared the helpful message that
on windy days it's wise
to HOLD ON TO YOUR HAT.

That was fun.




9 comments:

  1. That was a fun one, I liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And this is why I never WEAR a hat - ha ha. Fun poem, Delores.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not wise to wear something you need to hold on to all the time.

      Delete
  3. As I commented on EC's blog, Delores....nothing hinders you! Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wear hats and jam them right down over my ears to keep them on, but I still make a grab for them in a gust, just in case.

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to know someone else is out there. Please leave me a comment...pretty please.