Pages

Tuesday, 27 June 2017

My Wish For You

Last night the hubs toddled off to bed and left me in the living room watching a show about the wonderful places to eat in Paris, France.   When the show ended I turned off the TV and the light and sat in the dark for a while.  The window was open and the cool air rushing in felt like cool silk against my arms.  Wafting in on the breeze were the night sounds of the city; the murmur of voices, the swish of traffic on a nearby main artery, the rustle of leaves, the sleepy chirp of a bird settling in for the night and the faraway voice of a dog protecting its property from who knows what.  After a bit, I got up and closed the living room windows and checked the door, wandered out into the dark kitchen and watched two young rabbits dash across the yard when I closed the kitchen window.  I stood for a moment enjoying the twinkle of solar lights up and down the street and the warm glow of porch lights.  It was so peaceful.  I felt so comforted.  I wandered off to bed and left my window open so I could go to sleep listening to the city as it settled down for the night.  My wish for you, whoever you are, where ever you are...is that you experience this feeling of peace and serenity in your life and that you take the time to fully appreciate it.  These small moments are a gift to treasure.

10 comments:

  1. How very true. We sleep with our windows wide open and drift off to sleep listening to the tawny owls and wake in the morning to the dawn chorus. Bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little things are huge in my world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. How wonderful it would be if it were so for everyone, everywhere...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy looking out the windows in the evening but I would NEVER sleep with my windows open. Too afraid of burglars:-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. The best things in life are free. Listening to the lovely summer night sounds is usually a joy - until a motorcycle roars by.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so often the little things, and simpler things, in life that give so much pleasure.
    A lovely post, which as I read it gave me a feeling of peace and serenity ...
    Thank you.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing you lots of the same, Delores. I enjoy these moments fully.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reminds me of when my grandson was living here with us. He got to love the sound of crickets and we would have to leave his window open a bit so he could hear them better. He said he wouldn't want to live anywhere else. One's home should always give a feeling of peace and safety. Glad you are blessed with that too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Serenely beautiful, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you my friend, and I hope you enjoy many more in return.

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to know someone else is out there. Please leave me a comment...pretty please.