Pages

Friday, 16 June 2017

Doesn't Surprise Me

Thursday we went to Sears.   Sears Canada is in trouble financially.  They are talking about lay offs and the potential for going out of business.    Gee...I wonder why.   
They did a massive 'renovation' earlier this year...same old worn out floors, one place to go for payment, and basically just a rearrangement of departments.  The women's section is a helter skelter mess of clothing racks with things jammed in.  There are endless displays of purses here there and everywhere.  One large section of shelving has odds and ends of kitchen/dining ware that looks remarkably like the thrift store.  There is no one in sight to offer assistance and when we passed the registers I heard one lady who had come from the far side of the store ask for assistance.  She was told, "there is someone on duty in that department" to which she replied "there was no one there".  Miss Snippy at the counter told her, "There certainly is someone there, she was just busy for the moment."  At that point I would have just dropped the item in my hand and walked out never to return.  The customer, bless her, walked all the way back to the department in question to resume her search.
Sears needs to rethink their highly priced selection of merchandise, hire more people (not fire them) and train them properly in customer service and product.  I had it in mind to pick up a few things but I walked out.  I'll get them somewhere where the customer is appreciated.  Good luck Sears, you're going to need it.

10 comments:

  1. Used to be a great store, but with on-line shopping, and their now horrible service they will not be around for long. The last timme I went there, several years ago, I got tired of looking for soeone to take my money, and just left, as you suggested, without making a purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a shame to see a store go downhill like that. Possibly they are now relying more on online orders.
    I've walked out of stores before too, after being ignored for almost an hour, during which time I picked up and inspected much of the merchandise on offer, while the assistants gravitated to those better dressed than me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rough to see a 130-year-old company run to ground like that. But they started out as mail-order --I remember their catalogues. Maybe they'll restart from square one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sears used to be the only place I would buy my tools, appliances, and batteries, I rarely go there now and have not bought anything there in years. It's a shame.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our Sears has already closed. It's hard for brick-and-mortar stores to compete with online shopping, but smiles are free. Our store could have used a huge dose of customer service training. The checkout ladies generally looked as if they ate lemons at every meal. I had to give myself a pep talk every time I went to pay.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doesn't surprise me, either. Sears is on the verge of going belly-up here, too, and for the reasons you mentioned here. Personal attention and customer service go a long way toward making a store someplace people want to shop. If they don't want to deliver those things, fine. We'll shop elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  7. With an attitude like that Sears needs much more than luck! Perhaps they should read "How to Win Friends and Influence People" again...the lessons to be learned never grow old!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Customer service must come first, second and third !

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. I miss Sears. I used to buy my shoes there, they were so comfortable I could walk forever in them. Can't find that same brand anywhere and now I've forgotten what brand it was. Ha!
    We were down to Sears compacting their stores to carry appliances and tools only for many years now, and now those stores are closing too. Good-bye Sears.
    Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish someone on tdhe executive of Sears could read all these comments......it might make a difference.....probably not.

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to know someone else is out there. Please leave me a comment...pretty please.