Pages

Tuesday, 30 May 2017

Using Wednesdays Words

Words for Wednesday is a weekly writing prompt designed to kick start or imagination.  This week Elephants Child has the promps (you can find her in my side bar).

The words are:
miniature, nightfall, oval, perfect, quirky, rush
and/or\
sudden, tenacious under, violent, weak and yellow
or just use the words to give you an idea and go from there.  Why not join in.  It's fun.

Here we go:

At nightfall Bliss returned to the waterfall. There was something about the violent rush of water that attracted her. She stood, her miniature form enveloped in the curtain of water and turned her perfect oval face up to the spray. Her yellow hair flowed to the surface of the water and floated out yards away from her body in its own quirky rendition of a waterfall. She gasped as a sudden rush of the current pulled her under and held her in its tenacious grip. One tiny water fairie was far too weak to withstand the forces of the flow. She would let it take her where it would. Tomorrow she would be back.


7 comments:

  1. There you go again, I loved this, just about the time I had the image in my head you took it for a turn I wasn't expecting, Tomorrow she will be back....Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked this a lot when I read it just now at EC's. I like fairies and waterfalls, so putting them together is doubly sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ALWAYS like what you do with the prompts. And am always surprised and awed by the twists you give them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhh, I liked this. Very fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure I did write a response to this...I just must not have clicked "Publish"!

    I love this, Delores. Well done...very imaginative. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love fairies, love waterfalls.
    Really loved how you turned this at the end

    My good wishes for the new month of June

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad to hear the fairy will be back. :)

    You did a great job with these words. You painted quite the picture with them.

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to know someone else is out there. Please leave me a comment...pretty please.