Pages

Monday, 15 May 2017

Poetry Monday

Poetry Monday was started by Diane of On The Alberta Montana Border.  (you can find her in my sidebar).  There are no rules to Poetry Monday except for posting your work on Monday (what else?).  Why not join in?  Your poem can be in any form and does not have to rhyme...just be an expression of your thoughts.  Simple right?  Write, read, critique, share your thoughts.  It's fun, it's free....what could go wrong?


the words drip
slowly
like rain on ice
penetrating
the calcified surface
of the brain
taking root
in shallow soil
sending up new shoots
and falling
faster
faster
until the pen
clenched in stiffening fingers
can’t keep up
to the flow
backside glued to chair
I am reborn
energised
immobilised
by the power
of words
the demanding
power of words

7 comments:

  1. I wish my word vines grew as fast and as prolifically as yours...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand this so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are times when the words flow so easy, and you have been blessed to have that happen for you in lovely, thoughtful ways.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SO TRUE! Sometimes . . . :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can so relate to the imagery you give us here....nice.

    I left you a question about the answer you left on my blog for this week's challenge, just wanted to clarify, thank you

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish this happened for me more often -- or AT ALL, where poetry is concerned!! Having poetry-writer's block :)

    I feel like I can see inside your brain with this poem - lovely word pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another good one ...
    Thank you.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to know someone else is out there. Please leave me a comment...pretty please.