Pages

Friday, 21 April 2017

Whenever

Albert Einstein said, "The distinction between the past, present and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion."  It must be a pretty effective illusion to have all of us buy into it simultaneously.
Dr. Bradford Skow says, "Past present and future all exist together."  He says, "The present is not in a 'spotlight of time' but rather that we are in a 'temporally scattered condition'".
I feel scattered.
Perhaps it is a good thing that we have all bought into our present view of reality.  Perhaps our human brains are not capable of absorbing what reality really is.  Perhaps the problems and issues of this reality have been concocted for us to take our minds away from the true problems and issues of the true reality.  If so, we could certainly do with a few less of these fictitious problems and worries.
As to the past, present and future all existing together, I find it comforting in a way that everything and everyone I have known and loved are all still here, still functioning on another plane of existence temporarily invisible to me.
If time is an illusion, is life an illusion?  Are we all the product of some mad scientists imagination?  When he gets tired of us will he flush us?  Or are we just a dream and we will evaporate when the dreamer awakes?
I like to think of us all as time travellers from nowhere headed somewhere.  Wouldn't it be nice if we could all just hold hands and experience the journey in peace?

19 comments:

  1. I think there's probably more to it than our brains can process. Maybe everything is a giant hologram or something.

    But one moment at a time is as much as I can process, which is enough. I try to pay attention to this moment and not worry too much about the future and the past or whatever the non-temporal reality is.

    Now is enough, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They (whoever THEY are) shouldn't publish reports like that for the general public to read. It makes us think and a thinking public is a dangerous thing.

      Delete
  2. Now my head hurts, probably a good thing...peace would be nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Joeh but misery loves company you know.

      Delete
  3. Colour me confused. A common state of affairs.
    And yes, peace would be very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I claim to be \Only Slightly Confused' but the truth is....

      Delete
  4. My head hurts like joe's because I'm confused like EC. Stop it, Delores! You're making us THINK!

    And I wish for peace, too, and am resigned to it never happening, at least not in my lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deep thoughts for a Saturday afternoon, Delores.
    I'm the sort of person who just doesn't do deep thoughts.
    I'm a shallow take life as it is right now and don't ask questions person.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My father assured me that we would never have all the answers in this lifetime but the important thing was to always ask questions. He was still researching new questions until his death at age 86. He loved the search and so do I. The most dangerous persons are those who think they have all the answers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful post. I once read where life was dream and we actually reside in another realm. Forget the name of the book and the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Probably...

    And, yes....it would be nice...ever so nice if we could live in peace...not necessarily have to hold hands, but live in peace....most definitely!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Goodness!
    Words for deeper thought I think!

    "Wouldn't it be nice if we could all just hold hands and experience the journey in peace?"
    Yes it would ...

    Enjoy the remainder of your weekend

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kind of thoughts that can keep you awake at night lol.

      Delete
  10. Now this one makes you think, the present is a never ending dreamlike state, it actually makes sense.

    I agree we need to be more concerned with our own true reality rather than the made up problems fed to us as reality.

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to know someone else is out there. Please leave me a comment...pretty please.