Pages

Sunday, 23 April 2017

Quiet Reflection

It's Sunday, a time for quiet reflection.
So far I've ruminated on and come to decisions on the following:
1.  I like Williams quesadilla.
2.  I don't know how long you can safely store eggs in the fridge (hen eggs that is) but I'm pretty sure mine have exceeded their 'best before' date.
3.  The grass needs cutting.
4.  I need to dust.
5. The laundry is getting away from me.
6.  I enjoyed my visit with the birds at the pet store but I wouldn't want to clean up after one.
7.  It's time to open the doors and windows and 'blow the stink out' as my Mom used to say.
Not bad, considering it's just barely noon.  A whole half a day yet to ponder, quietly.  Come to any useful conclusions yourself today?

14 comments:

  1. Ha ha, I like your list. I can picture the laundry running from you as it gets away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also like your list....only problem is now I have to go and cut the grass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hubs is cutting ours....I'm watching with a cuppa.

      Delete
  3. A woman I met during my dad's stroke rehab told me her mother used to send the kids outside to "blow the stink off them" - I had never heard the expression before. But I like it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's probably old as dirt...most things I say are.

      Delete
  4. Monday morning here. Not light yet.
    Cleaning up after the birds IS on today's agenda. After another cup of tea. And a shower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm pretty sure I've thrown eggs out a few times when they might not have gone bad yet, but I'm concerned that I'll find out the hard way about when a good time to throw them out really is.

    I haven't had any revelations today. Yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The internet says refrigerated eggs can last 6 months or longer, however they may be as old as 3 months when you buy them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, "go outside and blow the stink off" was one of my mom's sayings also. It probably came from the time before people had indoor plumbing.

    I shall ponder on what to ponder.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My mum used to say that too. I'd suggest breaking the eggs individually into a cup or bowl and smelling them before using. Not all at once of course, that would be wasteful if they are still good. If the white is really runny, and no longer "gelled" around the yolk, the eggs are pretty old, but if they're not smelling rotten, they're probably okay.
    There is that old saying "if in doubt, throw it out", you could go with that idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Regarding eggs you may find this article of interest. '5 Simple Ways to Tell If an Egg Is Good or Bad'
    Here is the link:
    https://authoritynutrition.com/tell-if-eggs-are-bad/

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to know someone else is out there. Please leave me a comment...pretty please.