Pages

Sunday, 5 March 2017

Words

I know I have said it before, that sometimes words visit me and won't leave me alone until I write them down...share them with someone.  I have watched the news..horrible news of people starving and people being harassed just for the crime of being themselves.  I dropped off to sleep and woke to words singing in my mind....over and over....write me down, write me down..and so

Angel of Peace and Hope

She leans forward,
hair falling over her perfect face.
Her gentle hands reach out
to brush away tears, 
straighten weary, sagging shoulders,
lift heads drooping with sorrow and exhaustion.
But she is only one....
one tiny angel of love and peace and hope
against the insanity
of hatred and greed.
So tiny...so tired from the effort....so determined
to touch every broken bleeding heart.
She will serve until she can serve no more.
Blessed angel be with us now,
for now the need is great.

5 comments:

  1. I love your words here.
    I'm so pleased you wrote them down and shared them.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful.
    That overworked angel must be so very tired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my word, that is beautiful, Delores! And so, so sad.
    Now I want to help that angel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it is more common for me to forget the words before I can write them down! I'd love for such beautiful words to visit me!

      Delete
  4. Nice one, Delores. Glad you got it in print and shared it.

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to know someone else is out there. Please leave me a comment...pretty please.