Pages

Wednesday, 29 March 2017

Using Wednesday's Words

This weeks word prompts are provided by River of Drifting Through Life.  You can find her in my side bar.  Join in and have some fun.  Use the words or an idea sparked by the words...write poetry, prose..whatever comes to mind.
The words are:
angry, tried, street, slashed, astounded, swore
and/or
involved, solitary, longest, change, library, needing


Here we go:

Jess was simply ASTOUNDED as she exited the LIBRARY after work.  A glance up and down the STREET revealed a line of cars that had been vandalised....spray paint, SLASHED tires, broken windows....it was a disgrace.  She SWORE under her breath.  "Those INVOLVED with this should be TRIED and sentenced to SOLITARY confinement for the LONGEST possible term." she raged.  "I am so very ANGRY about this.  Something is NEEDED to be CHANGED  in the way we handle the youth in this city."
"Hi Aunt Jess." Steve smirked.  "Ready to go home?  Did you notice YOUR car wasn't damaged?  "  A cold chill ran down her back as she observed her nephew.  "Do you know anything about all this?" she asked.

18 comments:

  1. Oh dear. Steve doesn't sound like a nephew to get on the wrong side of - and something tells me Jess is about to. Big time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh-Oh. Stevie's been a bad, bad boy.
    What a story!
    I hope Jess handles this well.
    I'm not sure I'd know what to do in such a situation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the twist! Your mind does work in mysterious ways, my dear! Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool it people...Stevie is a teenage undercover cop...he's working for the good guys. I just decided that right now lol.



    ReplyDelete
  5. Steve gave himself away and I am pretty sure Aunt Jess will sort things out. Good story. Mine is posted on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great twist - and even better is the twist in the comments that you added!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stevie knows how to NEEDLE his Auntie. There, I finally used the right word. Dang eyesight. I read that list twice and I still read needed instead of needled. Shoot.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Check just one more time, Delores - it says NEEDING, with an -ing, not needed or needled!

      LOL! You are not alone in this. I seem to mis-read so much the last ten years or so. And often re-mis-read, just as you did. My best mis-read so far was a box of chicken parts in the grocery store; I thought it said chicken butts! Not all of them are that entertaining and some of them are downright shocking :)

      Delete
    4. Oh Lordie!!!! I give up! My eyes are almost 70 years old, they've looked at a lot of stuff over the years...I guess they're getting tired. Chicken butts eh???????

      Delete
    5. HEY......I did go back and look again...my eyes, (with the aid of a magnifying glass) are still seeing Needling. Either I have a serious problem with seeing things that aren't there or you have a problem with not seeing things that are there lol.

      Delete
    6. LOL!!! Are you talking about your list, above? Try making the print bigger by holding down the Control key on your keyboard and hitting the "+" button a few times. (Hit "-" the same number of times to go back to normal) Maybe there are gremlins in our computers, Delores! ha ha

      Delete
    7. No, I'm talking about the original list on Rivers blog where I got the words from in the first place. I read the words wrong, typed them on my blog wrong and proceeded to write my story using needed instead of needled. I am such a doofus.

      Delete
    8. Ahhh, now I see ... so to speak :) And stop calling my blog buddy a doofus! Thank you!

      Delete
    9. I'm the only one I allow to call her a doofus....I was brought up to call a spade a spade lol.

      Delete
  7. I'm sure Aunt Jess will sort things ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to know someone else is out there. Please leave me a comment...pretty please.