- Always put a little aside for a rainy day.
- Take time to get to know people before you trust them.
- Don't take the first man to come along.
- There is nothing wrong with staying single.
- Moderation in all things.
- Work for your living. You'll be much happier.
- Don't make fun of people if you don't want to be made fun of.
- Don't eat too much sugar.
- Eat your vegetables.
- Don't be afraid to do a little extra.
- Time wasted is time lost.
- Appreciate you family. Some day you won't have them.
It was all good advice and eventually I did learn (the hard way). Well, maybe I still waste a little time.
What good stuff did your Mom try to teach you that you didn't listen to?
I think sometimes the lessons you learn the hard way stay with you a lot better than those you just accept from someone else.