Pages

Friday, 17 March 2017

Take It All With You When You Leave It All Behind

We were chatting, the wee man and I, about how Mother Earth is wearing out and how maybe some day humans will have to move to another planet where we would have to change our way of life in order to preserve our new home.
"Grandma, I'm going to build a big space ship and you and me and Grandpa are going to live on Mars.  The spaceship will be big and strong and it will be able to pick up your whole house and put it on Mars for us to live in."
"Sweet Little Man, there's nothing on Mars...no shops, or hydro or water....nothing...just empty space.  I don't think we'd be very happy there.  There would be no parks and playgrounds or schools.  (The wee man loves his school.)"
"That's okay Grandma.  We'll take it all with us."
So much for getting away from it all.

19 comments:

  1. It sounds as if your wee man would have got on well with the pharoahs - who were very good at taking it all with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And all they did was leave it all behind for tomb robbers who even took their remains.

      Delete
  2. I admire his ambition. Maybe he will work out a way to take it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was trying to explain to him how we would need to change our way of living in order to preserve the planet for the future.

      Delete
  3. But if you took it all, then Mars would begin to wear out. Kids, they just don't think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...this is what I was trying to get across to him but he just wasn't gettding it lol.

      Delete
  4. That's lovely Delores.

    Looking back I can remember this book which the children enjoyed, it did talk about the environment ...
    Dinosaurs and All That Rubbish by Michael Foreman

    I believe to this day it is still a popular book in schools with younger children.
    A fable for our time, and as relevant today as it was when it was first published in 1972

    Good wishes for Friday and the coming weekend

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy St Patrick's Day and the best of weekends to you as well.

      Delete
  5. "...and a little child shall lead them."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Always thinking, our wee man. Quite the imagination.

      Delete
  7. No matter what's there on Mars, at least he has his priorities straight... he wants to take you and your hubby with him! What grandparent could ask for anything more? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There had better be some toy stores on Mars...just sayin'.

      Delete
  8. Good planning skills. I see a great future for him, et al, on Mars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's always been like that. He used to come over and rearrange all the furniture he could move. We had to have a talk about that.

      Delete
  9. Some days when I am trying in vain to declutter all the crap and paperwork here I wish I could move to Mars and leave my house behind!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I wish the place would go up in flames........I wouldn't replace 3/4 of the stuff.

      Delete

It's lovely to know someone else is out there. Please leave me a comment...pretty please.