Pages

Sunday, 26 March 2017

Earth Hour

Last night was 'earth hour' night.   Dutifully at 8:30 we turned off the TV (and the hockey game was on), turned out the lights, powered off the computer, sat in the dark and (gasp) talked to each other for an hour.   In case you were worried about the hubs missing his hockey game, it's okay, the Leafs were losing anyway.  He really didn't care.  Around nine I looked out the front and noticed no one else had their lights off.  A quick check out back revealed the same thing.   Is no one doing Earth Hour anymore?  Well we still sat there for the hour in darkness anyway.   What did you do for Earth Hour last night.

14 comments:

  1. I've never heard of Earth hour. I figure During Sandy several years ago we had no power for 8 days, does that count going forward?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would think it would count for something wouldn't you?

      Delete
  2. I missed it. I remember when it was big and we had lots of reminders. None here this time round.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They only mentioned it on the news that same night at 6. Not a word about it in the paper either.

      Delete
  3. We don't participate, but we try to do our part the rest of the time by watching power consumption quite rigorously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You spread Earth Hour all over Earth Year. Good for you.

      Delete
  4. Watched TV with my bedside light going.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just glad the World Wrestling Federation changed its name to World Wrestling Entertainment Inc., leaving WWF to World Wildlife Fund to promote Earth Hour. Many things can be perfected in the dark, but not wrestling. I compliment and appreciate your conscientious observance of Earth Hour --even if it included wrestling. Our grandchildren will enjoy the benefits of such care and hopefully build upon it to preserve this beautiful planet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um, no, no wrestling. Not here anyway lol.

      Delete
  6. I did not know about it. However, last night, between 8:30 and 9 pm, our lights flickered for a couple of minutes. I read on FB that it happened all over our town. It was very strange.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of this!!!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. I swear this post wasn't here yesterday, I would have noticed. Unlike Earth Hour which snuck up and passed by unnoticed. Most nights I turn off early and go to bed anyway, so that probably counts for something.

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to know someone else is out there. Please leave me a comment...pretty please.