Pages

Thursday, 9 February 2017

Using Words for Wednesday

Here we go:

 “Aw come on Jay.  It took me over an hour to collate these papers and now you’ve got butterscotch spread all over them and the carpet.  I can think of better ways to spend my time than cleaning up after you.”
Jay snorted with amusement.  “You know, bent over like that you look like you’re mining for butterscotch.”
“I sense impending doom.” Jay’s wife moaned.  “You’re diabetic for heavens sake.  Your glucose readings will be through the roof.”
“One decent meal with food that tastes good won’t kill me Ada.”
“Well, if it does you’ve had plenty of practice.  Every Halloween you mimic a cadaver and scare all the neighbourhood kids away.  Then you eat all the candy yourself.  Where’s the intelligence in that, I ask you.”

“Well, next year hand out carrot sticks then.” Jay groused.

12 comments:

  1. Snap! We both went with a diabetic, well, in my case an almost diabetic.
    Jay needs to be more careful. With his diet and any important paperwork lying around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delores, I have to tell you the same thing I told River. I cannot read your post until I write my own. These are great words but will be difficult. I know you managed it well and will be back. You are doing a great job for February.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant Delores, when I saw the word glucose, I of course thought diabetes!
    Great use of the words, I really enjoyed your post... in fact I'm giving you a clap!

    Happy Thursday

    All the best Jan

    PS I'm off to read River's now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch...of carrot sticks of course. Rivers story will be a good one. It always is.

      Delete
  4. Love how you pulled those words all together, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How are you feeling now? Still suffering from concussion symptoms?

      Delete
  5. Great job with the words Delores. Both with selecting them and with writing your own story. Mining butterscotch...LOL! I can picture that difficult clean up. I couldn't make it this week but hope to jump in next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the great thing with WFW....you just do what you can when you can....no questions asked.

      Delete
  6. HA! It sounds a little as though you were writing about my husband.

    Great job with the words. Have a super weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remember....carrot sticks for Halloween. The kids will just love them.

      Delete

It's lovely to know someone else is out there. Please leave me a comment...pretty please.