Pages

Tuesday, 21 February 2017

She's Sneaky

This past weekend ( a long weekend for us due to Family Day) was simply splendid weather wise.  We had well above average temperatures which continue into today and our snow is almost gone.  I am grateful for this gift from Mother Nature BUT after almost seventy years in this part of the world I have learned a thing or three.  "What have I learned?" you ask.  Okay I know you didn't ask but I'm going to tell you anyway.  I've learned Mother Nature is a sadistic old broad.  She lulls you into thinking it's an early spring and then blasts you with four to eight weeks of winter weather from Hell.  Don't hold your breath folks.  It ain't over yet.

11 comments:

  1. She does the same thing here. After weeks of blistering heat, she gives us a few deliciously cool days, giving us a taste of autumn-to-come, then bam! straight back into the fires of summer hell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Winter might not be over and surprises might come, but today and supposedly the rest of the week will be warm and pleasant and I am certainly going to enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep! She sure does have a mind of her own!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And yet we still love her, given one beautiful spring or fall day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, what can we do, anyway. She continues to surprise us with her whimsical events.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes you have to keep a watchful eye on Mother Nature ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to know someone else is out there. Please leave me a comment...pretty please.