Pages

Friday, 17 February 2017

Please, Contain Your Excitement

Jet setting seniors living the good life.  You know the ones I mean; those seniors who spend half the year in a warm climate.  They spend their days going on tours, skiing, para sailing, golfing, taking dance and tennis lessons, walking their matching dogs.  I don't know any of these people personally but I'm told by reputable sources that they do exist.
I was just thinking about my day and comparing it to this glowing example of retirement.
We were up at 'half past sparrow fart' and scraped a quarter inch of perma frost off the car so we could pick the Momma and wee man up for his before school doctors appointment.  The morning was spent waiting, driving, waiting, driving and driving some more.  By the time we got home it was time for lunch (left overs) and the news (none of it good).  Now we will head out for groceries.  By the time we get groceries, go to the bank, put the groceries away and clean the produce it will be time for supper, then news, then TV and knitting and so to bed.
It really doesn't stack up well with the retirement lifestyle we are all apparently aiming for.
Maybe tomorrow will be more exciting.  It's laundry day.

15 comments:

  1. I'd rather do laundry then para-sailing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To me, your day sounds like a small slice of paradise. Time spent with family. Time spent with each other. Home cooked meal together (Will there be candlelight?) Time to meditate (ie. knit). Yeah. They can have their show-birding. I'll take my chicklets and their doctor visits every time! And now you have LAUNDRY to look forward to?! Could it get any better?! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No..no candles around old farts. Not unless the power goes out lol.

      Delete
  3. A small vacation would be so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe our days aren't bursting with excitement like the jet-setters, but we're still the captains of our ships. So what if we're floating around in the seas of our daily lives instead of in the Caribbean? We're with family. (Not that I'd turn down a trip to the Caribbean...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I prefer your life; good thing because it's pretty much our life too, except we 're still clocking in at work too. I have zero desire to travel. Just like my father before me, I am a Homebody.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then I'm not the only one who has no desire to leave home?

      Delete
  6. I envy the jet-setters too. Not because I want to do those things, well, maybe a cruise around the Caribbean, but because I'd like to be able to afford the options.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have managed many exciting events in my retirement years, especially those travels when my precious Ron was alive. Now I do chores, watch TV, go to church sometimes and to the senior center. I do not need to be a jet-setter because I had many years of life in the demands of the banking world and now love every second of my days of choices.

    ReplyDelete
  8. For me life is all about home and family ...
    Your day sounds cool to me

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to know someone else is out there. Please leave me a comment...pretty please.