Pages

Monday, 13 February 2017

More Fun In The Offing

Diane Tolley of On The Alberta Montana Border (https://dlt-lifeontheranch.blogspot.ca/) or you can find her in my sidebar, has just had an exceptional, phenomenal, delightful, exciting idea.  Poetry Monday.  What do you think of that?  Let's all join in.  If you don't want to write, you can always read.  Something for everyone right?  Right!  I think she started out just going to do Poetry Monday by herself but the devils advocate (hmmm...now who could that be?) put the bug in her ear to make it a 'thing' we could all participate in.  We're all about participation right?  Right!

Knit Knack

I sat down to knit
my nerves to calm.
The notion of knitting
as a balm
is pure hogwash.

Knots and tangles,
the wool a mangle,
loud distractions
my nerves a jangle.
Pass the Valium.

10 comments:

  1. Hahaha! I love the poem! And I could get on board with Poetry Monday! Thanks, Diane and Delores :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great poem ...

    I'm all for reading them

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bwahahaha! Exactly how I feel when confronted with string and needles. Oops. I mean yarn and needles. Restful? Bah!
    You are the person who always encouraged me in writing poetry, Delores. I dedicate Poetry Monday to my good friend and fellow poet, Delores of Mumblings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwww. This promises to be fun though, doesn't it.

      Delete
  4. I love your poem!
    I can't do poetry, it just isn't in me.
    I'm willing to read, but more times than not, I just don't understand what the writer is trying to say.
    Simple things that rhyme; I get those, but not the long winded meaningless (to me) jumble of words.
    That's like asking me to read literature instead of an action packed book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am exactly the same. The poem has to be ABOUT something and be recognizable. I have no patience for the artsy fartsy flatulence of words that passes for poetry.

      Delete
  5. I can't write any poem but i like to read them:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, not the Valium. The tangles will untangle and you shall have a beauty of a pair of booties may be or a tiny hat?

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to know someone else is out there. Please leave me a comment...pretty please.