Pages

Thursday, 26 January 2017

Words For Wednesday

Grannie Annie has posted her last Words for Wednesday.  Next month it is my turn.
Here are this weeks words:
Document, birthday, network, removable, jungle, open
And/or
Quote, holds, avoid, surrender, grace, living
And/or
A photo of pasta arranged in a sunburst pattern.

Here goes:

“Can I quote you on that Senator?” Grace asked.  “After all, ‘It’s a jungle out there.’  is such a unique statement.”
“All right, Grace.  All right.  I surrender.  No need to get sarcastic.  I’m sure your network can do some creative editing.  Most of my comments will prove to be removable no doubt.  Eventually the message will have nothing whatsoever to do with what I’ve been trying to get across.”
Apparently they were now involved in open hostilities.  No holds barred.  It was going to be difficult to avoid collateral damage.
“By the way, Grace, isn’t this your birthday today?  Forty isn’t it?”  The Senator shot her an evil grin.
Grace grinned back.  It appeared to be a temporary truce.

“38 Senator and I have the documents to prove it.  C’mon, I’ll buy you a coffee and show the latest pictures of your newest grand baby.  There’ll be no living with you if I make you wait any longer Dad.”

Many thanks to Granny Annie for this months prompts.  They've been a blast.

4 comments:

  1. As always I love your take on the prompts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job as always and I made another comment on your story on my blog. Cannot wait to see your words for February.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was awesome. Enjoyed the bantering.

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to know someone else is out there. Please leave me a comment...pretty please.