Pages

Thursday, 5 January 2017

Patchouli

 I bought an essential oil diffuser just before the holidays.  It came with a starter kit of 5 essential oils;  lavender (good), orange (also good), eucalyptus (okay), tea tree oil (hmmmmm) and patchouli (oh my).  Patchouli smells like dirty hair, unwashed feet and 1960’s in Yorkville, Toronto.  In other words, Patchouli smells like hippies.  Oh man…flashback to the sidewalks of Yorkville.  Young people in vibrant clothing selling candles, and scarves, paintings and sculptures, lotions and potions and funny little brown cigarettes.  We country girls would take the GreyCoach bus to the big city and stroll the streets of Yorkville feeling so cool, hip, you know man, we were making the scene.    You gotta try this Patchouli stuff man, it makes you feel, like, young again you know.

12 comments:

  1. I don't know what Patchouli is, but it makes a funny post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate Patchouli so much, I can't express how much. As well as smelling like long-term unwashed people and long-term unwashed clothes, it stuffs up my sinuses and brings on the worst ever migraines; the kind with crashing waves of nausea and thumping dizziness. Patchouli seems to be the favoured winter perfume here for more than a few women and they all like to drench themselves in it before getting on the bus, where I immediately slap a folded hankie to my nose to filter my air and hope that I was quick enough to do so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...I don't think I'll be using it much.

      Delete
  3. Not a fan of the stuff. At all.
    I like my scents to be clean...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some of the happiest moments of my younger days were suffused with patchouli. Admittedly, by the time I was 20 I preferred the smell of coffee brewing. I am 67 now and the shift has held.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lavender so relaxing ...
    Tea tree oil so cleansing ...

    Patchouli, I'm not so sure about ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure I know what patchouli smells like. If it's anything stronger than an actual real flower, it's probably too much for me. Scent can bring memories crashing back like crazy, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  7. As an Old Hippie that still smells like Nag Champa Essential Oil and loving it, I was hesitant to weight in... luckily The Land Of Blog doesn't have scratch and sniff... so I might be Safe from any Negatives to a Sensory Pleasure I never tired of? *Winks* The G-Kid Force say that whenever they'll smell Nag Champa after I'm gone, they will think of me... I kinda like that sentiment of being an immortal in some kinda way. *Smiles* Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to know someone else is out there. Please leave me a comment...pretty please.