Pages

Wednesday, 4 January 2017

One Direction

A short drive will take me there
back to where it all began
a few miles
nothing more
and yet
there is more than miles
that separate me
from where I long to be
from those I long to be with
time
time is the enemy
time is the barrier
time only travels in one direction
I can travel miles in any direction
but I can only go forward 
in time
every day I leave behind me
a place, a person
a time I can never recapture
as each day passes, I experience the loss
and
the excitement of a new day
a fresh start
but oh
the loss weighs heavy
on my heart

5 comments:

  1. Echoing Elephant's Child and River. Seems especially hard right after the holidays, when everything becomes quiet again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems it's TIME to wish you a Happy New Year!

    As always, I loved your poem. We all have mixed feeling about the passage of time. Longing for the lost, looking forward to what's yet to be. If only we could re-experience some of those things and people we've lost, if only for a short while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true
    Loved your poem

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to know someone else is out there. Please leave me a comment...pretty please.