Pages

Monday, 30 January 2017

Gotta Love Mondays

It's Monday again, the best day of the week.  "What's so great about Mondays?" you ask.   Okay Okay...don't snarl at me.  You have to realise I'm looking at Monday through retiree eyes.  I never book anything for early on a Monday morning if I can help it BUT I DO get up early on Monday mornings.  I sit at the kitchen table with the blinds open so I can see out and enjoy my breakfast, coffee, the paper, check my emails and watch the various neighbours as they dash out to walk their dogs, sweep the snow from their vehicles and trundle off to work.  I say a  little prayer for their safety on the road and hope for them that they have a decent bunch to work with.  When the morning rush to get off and running is over, I go back to bed for an hour.  It's hard to wipe the smile off my face.

20 comments:

  1. You did your time - enjoy the reward!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monday is just another day here. I do like your approach though. Kind, but revelling in your freedom as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would find it very hard to go back to bed after being up long enough for coffee and paper etc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we were first married we used to take a pot of coffee and two mugs to bed with us and finish the whole thing before rolling over and drifting off peacefully to sleep. Can't do that anymore.

      Delete
  4. I love not having to face the elements and traffic in early morning rush hour. But I hate that my children have to. I survived 32 years of the commute so they shall too. Someday they can rejoice in their well earned retirement.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a very nice way to start a Monday ...
    Enjoy the day (and week) ahead

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Mondays. Oh....I said that didn't I?

      Delete
  6. Our Monday today is a snow day. I hear the highway traffic isn't moving. Neither am I.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I were not also retired, I would so hate you right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even with all my good wishes for road safety and happiness at work lol?

      Delete
  8. Good for you that you can go back to bed after drinking coffee!!! Since, as you know, I am a morning person, my coffee wears off enabling me to take a small afternoon nap otherwise I wouldn't make it!! Retirement is WONDERFUL!!!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you. Anyone who has worked long and hard over the years deserves that little luxury!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the little things that make us happy lol.

      Delete
  10. I wish I could sleep in...I tell myself the night before I WILL sleep in the following morning...but I never do! Grrrrrrr!!!

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to know someone else is out there. Please leave me a comment...pretty please.