Pages

Saturday, 21 January 2017

Crinkles...Okay Okay, They're Wrinkles

Wrinkles are nasty little ………..aren’t they?  I mean, first you notice maybe one at the corner of each eye.  That’s a horrible feeling, your first wrinkle.  Time passes though and you begin to think that at your age one little wrinkle at the corner of each eye is not so bad.  You look pretty good for your age, and then, one morning as you are brushing your teeth you stop and do a double take.  Those wrinkles have been having themselves a love in of some sort and now there are three or four of them at the corner of each eye…and hey….what’s that between your nose and the outside corners of your lips?  That crease is deep enough to lose a pea in.  But then, time does what time does  best and passes, all is well…again….you look okay for your age.  However, if something seems to be too good to be true it usually is.  One morning while applying your wrinkle prevention grease to your face you smile at yourself in the mirror and Holy Hell your jaw hits the counter as you watch both sides of your face crumble like a piece of corrugated cardboard.  You look old.  Really old.  And the worst part of it is, if you live any longer you are going to look positively ancient.
Well phooey

7 comments:

  1. I don't smile at myself in the mirror. And indeed I avoid them when I can. I have earned my wrinkles though and I prefer them to the plastic look so many of our celebrities adopt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is something creepy about a seventy year old 'starlet' who looks 30 isn't there? Or is that just sour grapes on my part lol.

      Delete
  2. I barely notice my wrinkles. I'm not sure if that's because they're not deep enough yet, or my eyesight is worse than I thought.
    Genetic wise, we're not an overly wrinkled family, so I do still think I look okay for 64 and a half. I do have a couple of short "ventriloquist dummy" lines from corners of mouth to chin, but that's from gum and bone loss after teeth extraction many years ago and they're not too deep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stopped worrying about wrinkles when I got jowls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what I dislike the most, the jowls I developed or the 'turkey wattle' thing I've got going on under my chin lol.

      Delete
  4. I was always on a quest to lose some weight once being naturally slender fell by the wayside as I hit the Senior years... but now I realize, wait, it sure helps plump out those wrinkles. So, now the dilemma is... the Body... or the Face... apparently I can't have both Aging Gracefully at this Season of Life... dammit! Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to know someone else is out there. Please leave me a comment...pretty please.