Pages

Sunday, 29 January 2017

Another Special Day

Ever notice how when I run out of things to talk about I turn to those 'special days'.  We have a 'twofer' today.
Today is National Corn Chip Day......yes.....something to really get excited about.  In 1932 Isodor J. Filler patented his recipe for corn chips and Elmer Doolin purchased the recipe for $100.00.  In 1945 Elmer allowed Herman Lay (yes, THAT Lays) to distribute Doolins Fritos.  The two companies merged in 1959.
Dip a chip today in honur of Corn Chip Day.  Yahoo!!!
It is also, National Puzzle Day...not just jigsaw puzzles...no siree...all kinds of brain teasers designed to improve your vocabulary, spelling, math skills and memory.  Now all we need is a jigsaw puzzle of corn chips and we can really do this day proud.

10 comments:

  1. I am avoiding corn chips.
    I never warmed to jigsaw puzzles, but do enjoy a logic puzzle. What are your favourite puzzle types.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like jigsaw puzzles, logics, spelling puzzles, crosswords, jumbles.....just don't ask me to do any puzzles involving math.

      Delete
  2. I would eat corn chips til the cows came home ... if I wasn't trying to lose weight and be healthier.

    Also I am terrible at puzzles. They make me want to literally hit my head on something. And I know what literally means, and I mean it exactly like that.

    Hmmm ... I sound pretty negative, but in reality I enjoyed your post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I happen to have a bag of Frito Scoops in my cabinet. I avoid them but today I have an excuse to dive in...or at least nibble a few. Sadly there is not a jigsaw puzzle within miles of my home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading about these sort of days ... then I can go around saying 'Did you know it's such and such day'
    But who decides what day these special days are...

    The next big event is Valentines Day

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fun isn't it? Valentines Day..oh yes...the kidlets will be coming for dinner and I've got their 'corkers' ready for them.

      Delete
  5. I love these little odd holidays. The other day was National Mary Day. I didn't know it, but a few of my friends did. I love logic puzzles, too. Haven't done one in a long, long time. Now I want to work on one. Take my mind off things.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to google that...if you can't find a logic puzzle maybe a Bloody Mary will take your mind off things lol.

      Delete

It's lovely to know someone else is out there. Please leave me a comment...pretty please.