Pages

Wednesday, 14 December 2016

Pounded

A square peg
pounded remorselessly
into the
round hole of life
becomes by necessity
damaged, 
splintered.
Whole pieces 
of what it is
lying broken,
blasted,
screaming to be
once more,
a part of the whole
that used to be.
And while now
the peg
resides firmly lodged
in the round hole
of acceptance,
it is
no longer complete,
unhappy with itself,
for the good
of the whole.

I have always been odd...but now....after years of hammering, I have the appearance of a round peg in a round hole.  It's an uncomfortable fit.  Lately I have been trying to reclaim those splintered aspects of myself....

9 comments:

  1. I hope too, you need to find that square and pop yourself right back in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fitting in is over-rated. Interesting people with interesting ideas come in all shapes and never fit the mold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can only say, Delores, stop being taken advantage of. Put the responsibility back where it belongs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great analogy. I hope your square corners come back without too much trouble or pain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I can only talk as a blogging friend.
    In the short time I've been reading your blog, I thoroughly enjoy it.

    But hope things sort themselves out for you soon!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. May I please add a PS

    If our other blogging friend Jan is reading this ... I cannot get onto your blog Jan, I hope all is well.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you took the reason for my absence and put into poetry form. Beautiful. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are feisty enough that I know you can find yourself, and make the round hole fit around you.

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to know someone else is out there. Please leave me a comment...pretty please.