Pages

Monday, 19 December 2016

It's Possessed

My chair is 'out to get me'.  My dear old 'office' chair, purchased for its ergonomic qualities, 'has it in' for me.  Really.
It all started innocently enough with a split in the seat covering.  No big deal.  A piece of duct tape and I'm back in business.  Then, the pure evil kicked in.  As I sit at the keyboard I get a sinking sensation.  Suddenly I am keying uphill.  I make a quick adjustment and all is well again.  It may be a week or more before it does it again, or, it could happen several times in one day.  I decided to look upon the situation as an opportunity for a little exercise.  The chair didn't like my positive attitude.  Now...the wheels have crumbled.  I find little pieces of black plastic on the floor.  At one point there was only one good wheel left so I was sitting lopsided as I slowly sank to 'nose on the keyboard' position.  Now all the wheels are broken so I'm 'sitting pretty' again although still sinking every so often.
I wonder what else this devilish chair has in mind?  Golly, it's only about eight years old.  Is that the new expected life span for home office chairs?  Well, I know what I'm asking Santa for this year.  A gal can only take so much abuse.

17 comments:

  1. My chair did that sudden descent thing. Quite disconcerting.
    I hope that Santa has room for your chair in his sack - or makes room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so quiet when it does it...you don't realize what's happening until suddenly you feel like a midget in a giant world. (Lordie I hope that's not politically incorrect.)

      Delete
  2. Asking Santa for a new chair is definitely a wise decision and if Santa doesn't deliver, then buy your own and send him the bill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's been letting me down lately. I may have to.

      Delete
  3. P.S. I think most office chairs are guaranteed for only 3-5 years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're kidding right? I mean, I only sit in for maybe an hour a day, tops.

      Delete
    2. Then it definitely should have lasted longer.

      Delete
  4. Well, at least you have a good sense of humor about it. I actually wish mine would break so I would have an excuse to get a new one. Alas, it is so ugly, it will last forever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think any chair should last oh maybe FOREVER! That sinking thing would be disconcerting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha! We had one chair like that. But it sank fast. Always made my heart go a little faster, You sound like us - use it up, wear it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep...wear everything to its knees and then keep on using it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Funny! Not laughing at you but with you. May your Christmas wishes come true.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL, yes, I think it's time for a new chair for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I love the way you tell a story ...
    Hope your Christmas wish comes true ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to know someone else is out there. Please leave me a comment...pretty please.