Pages

Saturday, 31 December 2016

December 31.....

...the last day of the old year.  2016 is over and it's been a 'wild ride' with natural disasters, terror attacks, iffy presidential elections and the economy of many countries up and down like the proverbial toilet seat.
On a personal level 2016 took its toll on our bodies...to be expected as we age I guess but still, annoying.  The littles remained healthy and that was the most important thing  Other than health, we were fortunate to skate along pretty smoothly in 2016.  No major changes, upheavals or disasters in our lives.
Next year, 2017, I will turn 70.   I can hardly believe it.  Time to sit down and think seriously about what I want to accomplish with the rest of whatever time is left to me on this plane of existence.  Not an easy task for someone who still doesn't know what they want to be when they grow up.
As we face the New Year have you made any commitments to yourself?    Heck, do YOU know what you want to be when you grow up?

13 comments:

  1. I want to be 71, and then see where it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea what I want to be when/if I grow up. Sufficient unto the day.
    A very, happy and healthy New Year to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was little I wanted to be rich when I grew up. That didn't happen.
    Now, when I grow up, I want to be old. I want to sit on my porch with my white hair and fluffy slippers and smile at the young people passing by. I want to be 100.
    Happy New Year to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh....I only want to be 100 if I'm still in good health ad have my mind (what's left of it) intact.

      Delete
  4. Good questions, Delores. I hope to be of some use to the world, to help promote kindness, a humane economy --a world in which people have a safe place to lay their heads at night. I hope my grandchildren can continue to grow in freedom and beauty. For myself, my only ambition is to remain in the company of good minds --yours included, Delores, of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll stick with 'do no harm'.....unfortunately, I may NEVER grow up.

      Delete
  5. I had ambitions, but life took over. However, the one thing I wanted above all other things was to be loved and I got my wish. Happy New Year, Delores.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Someone pointed out this morning that every day is a gift...every new year is a gift, as well. We're lucky to get to see 2017. As we've seen recently, there are many people who won't. I AM more than a little concerned about what this year will bring, but hopefully it won't be too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't grown up yet, either. Is this common to bloggers or are we the only ones who'll admit it??

    And I've seen too many peoples' lives turned upside down and inside out in the space of a breath to take my days for granted. I'm grateful to be relatively pain free, and am poised to clean out the @#$%* house and get back to being an active person in 2017. In fact, I'm starting today (a day early - as I'm trying to do less procrastinating too!).

    All the best in the new year, Delores. Keep on keepin' on :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We had a brilliant conversation with the grandchildren over New Year.
    It went sort of like this ..."now it's the New Year and Grandma and Grandad are getting a little older, shall we stop 'fooling around' a big NO was the resounding reply"

    So we've decided that although we are getting older, we will be remaining young at heart and continue to look after our health and bodies the best way we can.

    Here's to another year of fun and fooling around ...

    I wish everyone a Happy 2017

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to know someone else is out there. Please leave me a comment...pretty please.