Pages

Tuesday, 15 November 2016

It Just Keeps Marching On

It's November 15.  Honestly.  The middle of November already.   My parents were right.  As you get older time passes faster.
You may think I'm insane (many do) but, I've got my Christmas decorating done.  Now wait...before you call the guys in the white coats to come get me....there is a reason for my madness.  You see, this weekend we take our grandson to do his Christmas gift shopping (we go early to beat the crowds) and I like to have the place all Christmassy for when he comes back to the house to do his gift wrapping.  We put the Christmas music on, we have treats and he wraps and uses up all my tape and has a wonderful time.  So you see, I'm not QUITE as nutty as you first thought.  Not quite.   But I am nuts.  And, because I can't resist needling you a tad, it's a little less than six weeks to Christmas.  Bye now.

15 comments:

  1. Oh I am just so glad you are nuts like me ...
    It's the sort of thing I do!!!

    It's just perfect, and if I were nearer I'd be right round to sing some Christmas songs too.

    ...and you are quite correct.
    The older you get, the quicker the time goes!

    Have a wonderful time

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Take THAT all you people that think I'm a nut case....it's a GOOD kind of nuts.

      Delete
  2. Are you flipping kidding me???? Christmas decorating done?!?!?!?!?! You are beyond NUTS!!! Now, when can I expect you to help me do mine?...Hmmmmmm???...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would I kid about a thing like this? I'll be there in spirit when you do yours.

      Delete
  3. You may be a ;ittle nutty, but then the world would be a very boring place without a few nutty people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nutty people have more fun. No need to be blonde.

      Delete
  4. You are not nutty at all you are an awesome Grandmother. I think you are sweet. HUGS B

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started my Christmas shopping last year during the after Christmas sales. People might say that I am as crazy as you. However, isn't it nice to be prepared and have the precious time to spend with our loved ones. Enjoy your grandchildren, they grow up so fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice...I have all my gift wrapping done as well. Of course, I still find things to add to the pile.

      Delete
  6. Sigh.
    Not nuts.
    You have your priorities in the right place.
    I have (finally) started making Christmas cakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Homemade Christmas cake......so good.

      Delete
    2. I will make more than a dozen for family and friends. Busy times ahead.

      Delete
  7. Agreed! How is it Christmas again already?! I better start my Christmas shopping too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Six weeks? Oh. All I've done so far is buy a few cards, still have several to buy. I've also bought the gift for the youngest member of the family, he's three, so a gift is necessary. the next youngest is 12 and has 'everything' so she gets a card like the adults. I'm considering a mini tree to see if Angel will leave it alone, then maybe next year I will put up the bigger one.
    I can't put up any decorations though until my daughter's late November birthday has passed, it's a family tradition now that she doesn't share her birthday with Christmas trees.

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to know someone else is out there. Please leave me a comment...pretty please.