Pages

Wednesday, 2 November 2016

I Know

I know you don't want to hear it, but, it's only eight weeks to Christmas.  Just think about it for a minute.   Here's the list:
overseas mailing
shopping
wrapping
decorating
cleaning
baking
entertaining
Santa pictures (if you have kids or pets)
travel arrangement (if you have to travel for the day)
holiday food shopping
parties
church (if you are so inclined)
Christmas Eve
Christmas Day

Maybe this is the first year you are having Christmas in your own house and family members are coming.  Will you be sticking with the old traditions or forming some new ones of your own?  Will it be turkey or lasagna?  Will it be a tree or a festive branch?  Will there be alcohol or not?  Stockings?
Christmas cake?  
Whatever your plans....it's still only eight weeks and there is a lot to do in that time.  Take it from someone who left it to the last minute one too many times......start now, do a little every week.  You'll be glad you did.  Leaving shopping to the last minute usually results in spending too much.  Leaving food shopping too late can often result in (gasp) no turkeys left in the stores.  Leaving baking to the last minute often results in a messy and disorganised kitchen on Christmas Day.  
So, go ahead and snarl at me for reminding you, I don't mind.  I'll be out this week patrolling the stores for Butterball turkeys and stocking stuffers.

2 comments:

  1. Sigh. You are right, and I know it. I don't want to play though.
    Turkey won't feature here. Himself doesn't like it, and I don't eat it. I do need to start work on the cakes though. And the shopping.

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to know someone else is out there. Please leave me a comment...pretty please.