Pages

Tuesday, 29 November 2016

Big Things...Little Things

Have you ever noticed it's not the big things that drive you screaming over the edge like lemmings off a cliff?   It's the little things that do it.  Seems you can handle death, marriage, birth, loss of job....but that lady on TV who says "Get chore house sold." can raise your blood pressure.  That guy on the fragrance commercial who asks you, "How's a guy supposed to move on-uh?"  He makes me grind my teeth.  Or, how about that guy who sits in your living room and can never take his coffee cup with him when he leaves the room?  That guy.  Yeah.  Talk about road rage?  He gives me living room rage.  Daily.  The kid who never calls Mom unless she wants something.  That can start a rant that goes on for hours-uh.  Yes..it's the little things.  The straw on the camels back things.  I can stand the big load, it's the straws that are killing me.

8 comments:

  1. It is the straws here too. Always.
    The big things? Somehow I manage. The teensy, weensy insignificant things cause my psycho bitch from hell to emerge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In particular I am very, very tired of being the toilet paper fairy. It is not hard to put a new roll in place, and to remove the cardboard shell. Looking with his mouth rather than his eyes is another irritant (as in 'where's my....?)

      Delete
  2. I don't have anyone to blame for anything around here, if there's dishes in the sink it sure wasn't Angel who put them there (*~*)
    But I did have a last straw breaking moment myself recently and spent a couple of days bawling my head off over it. After that little TV irritations didn't bother me for a while.
    "chore house" ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lately, because my nerves re on edge from many things, it does not take much to set me off on the smallest of annoyances. Tis' the season to be jolly - not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe I can come over and use our baler to bale that straw;0 HUGS B

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, dear. I don't know how I got there, but I don't let stuff irritate me any more. Actually, I do know how I got there, but even that is unimportant now. It's better that way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, with so many of us ... it is often the last straw that breaks the camel's back!
    The older I've got the more patient I've got ... and that certainly helps.

    So good to read everyone's comments, I especially liked 'EC's toilet paper fairy.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Socks . . . Socks . . . Everywhere . . .

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to know someone else is out there. Please leave me a comment...pretty please.