Pages

Tuesday, 8 November 2016

Another Special Day

Yep...I ran out of ideas again.  So we are celebrating another day of global significance.  Can you guess what it may be?  It's X-Ray Day.
X-Rays were discovered in 1895 by Wilhelm Rontgen completely by accident during an experiment to determine if cathode rays could pass through glass.  The unknown rays discovered were named X-Ray because he had no clue what they were.  What are they, you ask?  You didn't?  Well I'll tell you anyway.  X-rays are energy waves of electromagnetism.
Now the big question is, how are YOU going to celebrate X-Ray Day?

4 comments:

  1. By being very grateful they exist and even more grateful I am not having one today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, like 'EC' above, I am glad they exist ... they have helped many I'm sure.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing discovery. He had no idea where this "x-ray" would lead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Celebrate? Gosh...ummm...errr...maybe I'll bake a cake? But next year, because it's the 9th here already.

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to know someone else is out there. Please leave me a comment...pretty please.