Pages

Friday, 14 October 2016

Why Oh Why

If only I would do my filing as it comes along.  If only!  It would be so easy to file one piece of paper.  Why do I keep stuffing bits and bobs under my calendar book until the whole mass threatens to slide off the desk?
I've just spent the better part of an afternoon filing away utility bills, insurance information (thank goodness, because it is time to put the new liability cards in my wallet and I had totally forgotten about it), Visa statements etc and throwing away empty envelopes and chipping paper I don't need to keep that has our name and/or address showing.  Couldn't I at least have thrown the envelopes out?  What is the matter with me?  And yet, I know if something comes in the mail in the next couple of days it will sit neatly under my calendar book until the next earthquake threatens to shake it all loose.  I absolutely detest filing.

20 comments:

  1. I prefer the circular file

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a fan of filing either, which is why I tend to file things away at least every few days, sometimes immediately. I really like knowing where everything is and knowing it is where it should be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly where it is and where it should be lol.

      Delete
  3. Snap.
    And there is a pile which needs my attention soon. (Really it needed it a few days ago.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear, this strikes a bell. I try to keep up with the filing but sometimes (most times) there are more interesting things to do. I am a procrastinator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to file everything away until I could almost not close the drawers. Now I shred more than 50% immediately and get rid of the old stuff yearly when the super duper shredder comes to town. Still, though, the drawers are full.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We shred once a year and clean the drawers out a bit.

      Delete
  6. I have a three step method. #1 Open, throw away unneeded parts. #2 place in a pay pile in order of date #3 mark paid with date etc and place in file drawer. I have all this in one spot on my desk and the drawer is there. I would lose them if I did not do this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have it arranged that all our bills come directly out of the bank. We still get statements though and I (ahem) file those..eventually.

      Delete
  7. Whatever is wrong with you, I obviously have the same affliction. Not only do I have bank statements and medical statements on my desk waiting to be filed, but I have an assortment of notebooks and newspaper clippings here, too, which I tore out because they caught my eye. (Might come in handy for a post "some day"...)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do the same thing. I used to be so organized. I used to be an accountant.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh dear. And this is a "filer" reading this...an organizer and pretty good at it, I'm told too...LOL! Are you still my friend?...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our mail too is opened and put in a neat pile under my diary, which is then looked at within the next few days, well ... this may stretch to a week! However, if it's urgent it's dealt with sooner!
    I don't mind filing, I like everything to have its own place.

    Happy weekend wishes

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Boy, howdy! I appreciate this post! I am having my own avalanche.

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to know someone else is out there. Please leave me a comment...pretty please.