Pages

Sunday, 9 October 2016

There Has To Be A Better Way

or at least, an easier way.  Please.
Take one mathematically challenged woman, add a ledger, account book and calculator and stand back - waaaaay back.  Be prepared for bad language, tantrums and displays of physical violence.  Stand ready to provide numerous cups of coffee and soothing and helpful words.  The bank book does, finally, balance with the accounts but it has not been an easy process.  There has to be a simpler way to do this.

7 comments:

  1. There IS a simpler way, Delores. I let Norma do the books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Huh' is all I can say - it can be headache-inducing . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have an exercise book where I keep account of all incomings and outgoings. Incomings happen four times a month, they are marked on my calendar, dated and noted in the book as they arrive. Outgoings are written in and subtracted from the total everytime I arrive home after having purchased something with my debit card instead of cash. If I take cash out of the bank that is written in on the same day and subtracted from the total. When my bank statement arrives, I check it against my notebook and it is almost always correct. the few time is wasn't was when the centrelink allowance (social security) was increased and I hadn't known about it.

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to know someone else is out there. Please leave me a comment...pretty please.