Pages

Thursday, 13 October 2016

Just Call Me

We have some jobs needing doing we are unable to handle ourselves.  Fortunately we have an amazing handyman who can turn his talents to just about anything.  We feel quite safe giving him a key and wandering off to leave him to it.  However, we have known him for so long he has stopped thinking of us as clients and adopted us as part of his extended family.  This can be good as when, if he hasn't heard from us for a while, he comes and checks on us.  This can also be bad as when he doesn't feel he needs a timetable or a warning phone call to let us know when he will be here to start work.  Many's the time, after a rough night, I have stumbled to the door in my jams only to find my bright eyed friend and his tool box standing on the porch.
Just a word of advice to tradesmen of all types.  Seniors are NOT all early birds.  Some of us have bad nights of little sleep and lots of pain and we need a little extra snooze time.  Call us the night before you plan on showing up to work so we can drag our wrinkled butts out of bed and put some clothes on.
There's no way I'm going to say anything to our handyman.  He's such a dear soul and means well and does a wonderful job.  So, as I know he will be coming SOMETIME this month to do some jobs for us I will be sure to be up every morning and dressed before 8:30 am whether I feel like it or not.  Hey, there's always nap time.

18 comments:

  1. Nap time is my favourite time of day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I generally fall asleep in front of the TV while the noon news is on. It's becoming a habit.

      Delete
  2. Naps are excellent. I am an early riser, but himself gets out of bed at the crack of noon given his druthers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would do just as you and make sure that I am ready every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't risk offending him...he's such a sweetie.

      Delete
  4. OMG that is SO annoying. I hate when anyone shows up unannounced, even if it's later in the day. Just call or text first. It isn't the 1800s--we have phones now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My dear tradesman knows to schedule his crew after 9, and I may still be in nightclothes. If they must come earlier, I will still be asleep.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Naps are so good ...
    You get to appreciate them more the older you get!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sigh to admit that yes, I know all about that.

      Delete
  7. Grateful you have a good handyman.

    Andrew was just in the right place when we needed him. Thank God.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If nothing else, he inspires good sleeping habits?

    ReplyDelete
  9. If naps were good enough for Churchill they're good enough for the rest of us!

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to know someone else is out there. Please leave me a comment...pretty please.