Pages

Sunday, 23 October 2016

Good Grief

Okay.  I've been thinking I look a lot better now.  After all, I'm about 40 pounds lighter.  Okay, I still have about 30 to go but still.....you know what I mean?  I bought myself some new clothes that fit.  Well, they fit when I bought them but they are getting a little loose now.  Nothing to complain about, right?
Okay, so I went to HomeSense to look for storage hampers.  I always put 'The Little's' Christmas gifts in a reusable container of some kind so they can use them to store their treasures or keep their rooms organised.  In the midst of the search I noticed a display of really nice, big, wall mirrors.  Some of them were big enough you could just lean them up against the wall like you see in the decorating magazines.  HomeSense has some really nice stuff.
As I approached the display I could see this older lady sashaying toward me.  She was moving pretty good for an old broad with a cane.  I shot her a fellow cane wielding smile as we came closer together.  I got quite a start when I came nose to nose with her in one of the bigger mirrors.  Man that was a mean mirror.  You could see every bag, sag, wrinkle, crinkle, mole, age spot, bald spot, creases...it was all there....that old bag in the mirror looked terrible. ....and she needs new clothes.
I slunk off from there pretty quickly and found what I was looking for and skulked out to my car hoping no one was noticing me.  Sheesh....what a horrible thing to display right in the middle of the store.  Those mirrors should be way in the back behind the carpeting where no one can see you scare yourself like that.
I'm going to take a nap now.

7 comments:

  1. Ack.
    All too familiar. And I haven't lost the weight I need to either. I loathe the bag I spot in mirrors though. She is ugly. And has no style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Proud as I am to have aged every minute of my California life, I have been vain enough to move my mirror a few feet further away every time I notice some new wrinkle or spot. Been doing it for some years with great success. Mirror is now in Japan, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha Ha , that's funny. sorry for laughing, but...oh heck, no I'm not. That's funny. And it's probably going to happen to me one day. And people will laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our house only has small mirrors ... but it usually also has boxes, or bags, of goodies for the little ones.

    Hope you are having a good Sunday, we have some lovely sunshine at the moment, so an afternoon walk may just be ahead of us!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've resigned myself to being just a lump. I cannot find a personal stylist, so I just live with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting. I must have a look at that mirror.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I re-read my comment I'd left a day or two ago and thought it very re-miss of me not to say ... well done on the weight loss.

    So well done on the weight loss!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to know someone else is out there. Please leave me a comment...pretty please.