Pages

Saturday, 1 October 2016

All Arrows Pointing Down

Today I turn 69.....still on the 'sunny side' of seventy.  At least, for another year.  I'm just steps from the top of the hill leading to the 'slippery slope'.  I can see the shack where they're selling toboggans.  You'll note they are not RENTING them.  Ain't no way those sleds are coming back.  I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a place that sells hand brakes and chains.
The slope only goes one way....all arrows pointing down....but I'm going to focus on the ride and totally ignore the sudden stop at the bottom.

10 comments:

  1. A very happy Birthday. Enjoy your ride.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm gonna' be yelling YAHOO all the way to the bottom.

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday . . . and remember, 70 (when you get there) is the new 50:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday . . . and remember, 70 (when you get there) is the new 50:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny....when I was 50 I had days when I felt 70.

      Delete
  4. Happy birthday to you. It's just another number; don't dwell on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My birthdays have never bothered me...never got the birthday blues. I have a feeling though, that when I hit the big 70 it's going to be a birthday of a different colour.

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday and enjoy the ride!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A belated happy birthday wish to you. I have found time more manageable if I don't let them wax the toboggan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday. yes, still on the sunny side of seventy, but when you look at it that way, isn't seventy and its minions on the sunny side of eighty? Which is on the sunny side of ninety....and so on. I don't see a down side.

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to know someone else is out there. Please leave me a comment...pretty please.