Pages

Wednesday, 14 September 2016

Will he or Won't he?

We are waiting for the Bell man to show up.  They said between noon and 5pm someone wold be here to fix the problem.  We've heard THAT song before. Of course, we have a cell phone and that's good ... if there was an emergency we could make a call.  However, other than our daughter no one else has the number so, if anyone tries to reach us, they'll wonder what's happened to us.  I hope he shows up today but experience tells me not to hold my breath.

4 comments:

  1. Sigh. I remember when they did turn up when they said they would. And didn't give themselves a five hour window of opportunity.
    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Part of my job was dispatching technicians to sites. It was mostly commercial, but oh my, the complaints I had to listen to when they didn't show up in a timely manner. The reasons, especially when there was an outage that affected many, were legitimate, but people want their problems solved immediately. I, myself, hate waiting for repairmen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For some reason, we are the first or the last delivery/appointment for the day. I reckon this is good... They either want to get us over with or end the day on a good note. Or maybe start the day on a good note and save the best for last... Cripes, I am thinking positive... Shhh don't tell!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to see you here Ginger Dawn .... what a lovely name. We're almost always the first on the list (not this time though) I always thought they just wanted to get us out of the way so they could enjoy the rest of their day

      Delete

It's lovely to know someone else is out there. Please leave me a comment...pretty please.