Pages

Thursday, 29 September 2016

Think About It

I've heard it one too many times.  I'm sure you have as well.
"I'm only hurting myself."
Insane isn't it?  Do people who say that truly believe it?
There is not one single thing you can do or say or omit to do or say that doesn't affect every living, breathing entity on this planet from the tiniest grain of sand to the largest mammal to the densest rock and yes, the atmosphere, the universe and beyond.
The old saying, "no man (or woman or child) is an island unto himself" is true.  We and the lovely old earth we inhabit and the solar system we float around in are all connected.
Each day I intend to renew my pledge to bring awareness, intent and thoughtfulness to my words and actions because, I am NOT just hurting myself.

12 comments:

  1. A painful and powerful truth which too many ignore. To their detriment, and ours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It isn't easy but with practice we can only get better at it.

      Delete
  2. each act of our's has certain effect on people around us and environment we belong ,it is bad or good has it's side affects that make chain by joining the other's hurt or heal others widely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A chain..that's an excellent way to describe the effect.

      Delete
  3. Very true - if only we could all honour our debt to this beautiful world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One word, one act at a time with forgiveness for our own and others mistakes.

      Delete
  4. We are all connected and what we do or say affects many. A smile and kindness is the best thing to pass on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very true.

    Regarding my dogs, Mom would say, You made your nest...

    ReplyDelete
  6. How true. We all need to remember just how connected we all are, and how our actions can cause unintended ripples.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "...intent and thoughtfulness to my words and actions because, I am NOT just hurting myself"

    There is great wisdom in this.

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to know someone else is out there. Please leave me a comment...pretty please.