Pages

Wednesday, 28 September 2016

Silver Dollar Moon

Silver Dollar Moon



a slice
of mother of pearl
iridescent
glowing
riding on black clouds
playing
peek a boo
between bare branches
shining down
on saint
and sinner
alike
watching
as lovers
and drug dealers
go about their business
that magical
mystical
silver dollar moon



Silver Dollar Moon

Look at the moon
So big and bright.
It looks like
A silver dollar tonight.

What would I buy
If I was the sky
With that silver dollar
Riding so high?

For the milky way
I would buy a star
And  carry it home
In a magic jar.

For the sleeping world
I would buy a wish
And carry it home

In a silver dish.

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful.
    The moon and the stars have certainly awoken your inner poet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always looking at the sky at night....perhaps more so at this time of year.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful. When we take the cosmos into our hearts, as you have in these poems, we become part of its heart too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You old romantic, you ;-) Seriously, though, excellent work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That moon does weird things to my brain lol.

      Delete
  4. Terrific! I love both of your poems. Two different takes on the same subject... by one talented lady.

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to know someone else is out there. Please leave me a comment...pretty please.