Pages

Thursday, 8 September 2016

Preparations

It has been two years and five months since we put ourselves on a list for a condo apartment in a seniors (55+) development.  They told us it would be 2 to 3 years before a space opened for us and they weren't kidding.
We have no family near us save for our disabled daughter and her disabled spouse so we felt it necessary to place ourselves within a safe environment.  When we can no longer handle the condo there are multiple levels of care within the same community we can move on to.
During this time of waiting we have made serious inroads into downsizing our possessions.  We still have too much for condo living but it is much much better than it was.  We have also made serious efforts at maintaining and improving our property to keep it 'sale ready'.
The past year we have focused on our health.  We have always made sure we got enough rest and took vitamins.  Since January we have adopted a 'clean' diet (which I mentioned in a previous post) and have lost some extraneous pounds.  We intend to keep up with this and now are preparing to add some consistent exercise to the mix.
If that condo EVER comes available we hope to be able to enjoy it for as long as possible.  The wait time, while frustrating, has been put to good use.

8 comments:

  1. I didn't know :( you were back to blogging. Welcome back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so pleased (and unsurprised) that you have made such good use of your time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're just preparing for another round of 'chuckin' out'

      Delete
  3. All good planning. It shouldn't be too long now till you live a more carefree life in you condo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Delores,

    I got into my luxury, over 55's, apartment after only a short wait of about a year while they completed building it. I was lucky because I became aware of the apartments way before they were built. In my case, I found out about the opportunity because I went and put in an informal complaint about an anti-social neighbour. Of course, I had to lie about me being over 55! :)

    Hopefully, you can soon make that move. Happy healthy living, Delores.

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And your youthful good looks didn't give you away. We'll get there eventually and for sure we'll be over 55+ lol.

      Delete
  5. You don't just wait. You Weight! Whatever that means . . .

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to know someone else is out there. Please leave me a comment...pretty please.