Pages

Tuesday, 23 August 2016

You Talkin' To Me?

I've pretty much always talked to myself...probably a result of growing up an only child with a severe shortage of playmates.  It doesn't help that now I'm married to a man who suffers from severe hearing loss as well as selective male hearing.  It's never been a problem.  At least, not when I'm home behind closed doors or outside in my securely fenced and treed backyard.  However, talking to yourself can become a bit of an addiction that takes over in unsuitable situations.....ie....in public.  It happened in the grocery store this morning.  There was a fair crowd shopping and I was hovering over the tomatoes declaiming on the merits of partially ripe, ripe and OMG what IS that smell when I noticed that I was quite alone in a sea of people that had parted far far to the east west north and south of me.  Huh!  Now what do you suppose THAT was about?

2 comments:

  1. If you talk with a bit of musical rhythm mixed in it works. This I know it sounds Crazy but if I dance it is not as bad for the crowd that gathers round:) Hug B

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to know someone else is out there. Please leave me a comment...pretty please.