Pages

Friday, 26 August 2016

No Charge

Famous people are forever bragging about their weight loss and telling us (because we all want to know don't we?) how they did it.  Usually "how they did it" is expensive...clubs, plans, spas, clinics, equipment, or, they lived off grapefruit..  Lucky them.  They got to lose weight and then recoup their financial investment by endorsing the method.
I'm going to tell you how my better half and I lost 30 pounds more or less (me more, him less) each and I'm not going to charge you a red cent (or a blue green or pink cent).  It doesn't involve breaking a sweat or buying equipment or joining a group.  I'm not going to tell you what you should NOT eat , I'm just going to tell WHAT to eat.
Here goes........eat fish and meat, eggs and plain yogurt, all vegetables, berries, oatmeal, whole grain rice, rice cakes, soy cheese spread, kidney beans, chick peas, Becel, and, drink water and/or black coffee or tea.  Use low fat salad dressings, Worcestershire sauce, a little maple syrup (really little) on your oatmeal, bran buds.....any spices you like but take it easy on the salt and a bit of olive oil for cooking.  That's it.  If you don't see it here, don't put it in your mouth.
It worked for us, it might work for you, it might not but it won't cost you anything extra and it won't earn me any money.
One lovely side effect is that this is a VERY clean diet...you can't eat like this and go to restaurants very successfully and frozen pre-prepared food is hopeless.  After a couple of weeks (if you are anything like us) your energy levels will pick up.

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations. What, if anything, did you miss most? And has it changed your eating habits permanently?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping it has changed my eating habits permanently...I've been doing this for eight months now. However, I still get the odd craving. What do I miss most? Bread, pasta, hamburgers, hotdogs, diet coke, french fries, chips, chocolate.......anything preprepared and easy. Becel is a heart healthy margerine.

      Delete
  2. Happy to hear the things to eat for the diet. I too have tried many diets to reduce my body.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We actually started to eat this way by following the instructions for a cleanse we did to start off the New Year. We felt so good when the cleanse period was finished that we just kept on eating that way with a few very minor adjustments.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. If you try it you won't feel too thankful at first. It's not easy to get used to.

      Delete
  4. A common sense diet, I like that.

    Thanks for stopping by and reflecting on my refection in the creek.

    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds...doable! Okay I've copied and pasted. I'll let you know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck. The hardest thing to adapt to is the lack of bread items.

      Delete

It's lovely to know someone else is out there. Please leave me a comment...pretty please.